Monday, August 31, 2009

Pool Party!

Yesterday we went to a family gathering at Kevin and Lorraine's house.  It was great to see everyone!  We got to play in the pool and hang out for the day.  Kevin and Lorraine have a great setup and it was a fun way to spend a Sunday.

It's a blast to see our kids hanging out with family and here's a shot of AJ sitting with Star and Tim.  I love watching AJ spend time with people, he's such a social and happy kid.

Star really enjoys hanging out with the kids, it's good fun to watch.

It's always cool to see AJ and Taylor getting along... makes me think back to when David and I used to play like this, hanging out and having fun.

Somewhere along the line, that changed, so I guess with my own kids I need to make sure I enjoy it while it lasts.

Something nice about everyone playing together in the pool.  Nice, easy family time, no time pressures or rush to be anywhere.





Times like this make me appreciate the things I have.  There are a lot of people in the world who worry day to day about what food they're going to eat, or if they'll live to make it to the next day.

The term I've heard for it is "Maslow's Hierarchy" and I think that too often we tend to take things for granted.  It's too bad, because there's a lot to be thankful for if we go down the pyramid, things we don't even think about having.

No comments:

Post a Comment