Monday, June 7, 2010

Apologies, Play-doh and a visit from the Fam!

We got a visit from the family on Sunday.  We ate lunch together and went to Butterfly park.  Butterfly park has a great water area, where the kids can run around and get wet, as well as a shaded playground.  I've always thought playgrounds needed more shade, and this one has that.

Also, a few days ago, I wanted to take the kids out, so we went to the local hobby toystore, and found Play-doh.  I remember losing all the pieces as a kid, and just playing with the doh itself... so far tho, we haven't lost a piece.  Tay loves to squish it around and make dolphins and things.

Today, AJ made a BIG mistake! He threw one of his books at Mommy.  So we decided to have him apologize.  He pretended like he didn't know what we wanted, and refused to say he was sorry.  I tried using Gummies "Oh Mommy, since you're being so polite you can have a gummi.  If only AJ would say sorry, he would get one too"... I tried being firm "Aj, we're not going anywhere until you apologize"... NOTHING!  Stubborn kid, finally, Mommy started to leave the room sadly, and he cried out... Mommy stopped "Yes AJ?"  Aj looked down at his feet and said "Sowwy".  SOOOOO cute!

Taylor got to wear Grandma Evelyn's shiny hat!

Also, we recently got Taylor a play-doh set, which she loves to play with and make Spaghetti
And as always, AJ is eating a lot... like all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment