Monday, March 12, 2012

Bike Rides and Karaoke Machines

The new hotness with the kids is bike rides.  We go out more often than not.  Sometimes Nicky and I walk to the park while the kids ride, sometimes we all 4 ride.  AJ loves to peddle his little legs off.  I'm personally impressed at just how good the kids are at peddling the little single gear bikes.  I can't do anything without 4 or 5 gears, and they do it all with 1.

I bought 2 new board games, specifically Magic Labyrinth and Viva Topo!.  Both are designed for kids ages 4-8, and I happen to have 2 of those.  Magic Labyrinth is a memory game and Viva Topo is a little cat and mouse push your luck game.  The kids request both of them daily, so I'm glad to hear they're a hit.

Last week I flew to New York for work, and was gone for 3 days.  It's weird, before I had kids, it would have been totally awesome.  It was still cool, but it isn't as cool as it could be, because I was thinking about hanging out with the kids and Nicky.  Weird how that happens.

Yesterday, I was rough housing with AJ on the bed and he did a little spin kick move.  I don't know where he saw that, or what gave him the idea but I'm always surprised by how much different AJ and Taylor are, when I don't feel like we parent any differently for either of them.  Everyone says that, but it's different when they're your kids.

No pictures this time, talk to Nicky's photography skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment