So after my long 2.5 week vacation I'm back at work. It's a strange thing to be back. Before my vacation I was feeling frustrated and like I needed a change. At least for now, it's sorta fun again. I like it when my work is busy and challenging, and sometimes it can be those things that revitalize it a bit. I have some new reps on my team who are learning to do their jobs, and I have to say, it's making for a fresh change that I think I needed.
We've started weight training in addition to our other routines. I've realized it makes things more simple if we keep our routine basic and with lots of large group muscle exercises. For example, our routine is currently: 2x per week, we do Squats, Bench, and Pullups. Each exercise we do 2 sets of 12 at one weight, then 2 sets of 8 at a higher weight. Very basic, easy to remember, and so far, we're loving it.
In terms of our running, we're up to 20 minutes straight, and closing in on the end of the current workout plan. My goal for running is to run an 8 minute mile for 40 minutes. It's a long way to go from where we are now, but then again, we've accomplished a lot so far. One of my co-workers is going to be running/riding in a Biathlon in January, and we'll probably do it too. It's sortof the natural next step in our progression, and sounds like it could be fun.
Aj has started feeding himself, just a bit. He's at the clumsy stage where he picks up a goldfish, and tries to put it into his mouth, but instead it falls down his shirt. It's very funny to watch, because when he gets it into his mouth, he looks up at us, all proud and happy to have accomplished it. Taylor has started the "Why?" game. I've been looking forward to this stage since we decided to have a kid. I love trying to come up with answers to all of her why questions, and making a game of it.. Sometimes she doesn't even bother listening for the answer to one why before she moves to the next why. My little scientist!
Nicky and I are looking forward to Apple Hill.. it's our first time, we'll try to take lots of pics
No comments:
Post a Comment