I'm exhausted. I've been doing lots of things, working out, working on the house purchase, dentist, physical therapy.. and I'm exhausted.
House update:
We got approval for the loan and are completing final additional documentation. Things are moving along smoothly and we got our section 1 work completed. One strange thing - we noticed some possible dry-rot around the chimney that the inspectors missed. When we pointed it out to them, they told us that we needed to have it fixed or they couldn't sign off on the section 1 report to the lender. In a sense, they had us over a barrel and we had to pony up and have it fixed. It was ok sortof, because we would have had it fixed anyway, but their approach sucked.
School update:
I've started my first class on my path to doing my Masters, and I am learning a lot already. We'll see how it goes in the long run, but it's more work than I thought it would be. I underestimated what it would take.
Workout update:
We took this week off from lifting at the gym, to give our muscles a chance to recover a bit, then we're back to it on Friday for another 6 weeks. I'm slowly gaining weight, on pace with what I was aiming to do. Nicky is basically flat in weight.
Kids:
AJ - He has recently learned to jump, with both feet off the ground. He helps Nicky vacuum the house, he has started talking. He says Up, Down, Owie, Meemee, meme, momee, dadee, uhoh. He sits on Taylors Tricycle (and stands!) and rings the bell. He has started learning to feed himself with a spoon, and he even gets some in his mouth! He barks like a dog. When we're sitting on the couch, he'll climb up and body-smash himself across our lap, over and over...
Taylor - She's finally starting to like AJ! WOO HOO! She laughs at him, plays with him and wants to help wipe his mouth after he 'eats'. She says "please" and "thank you" all the time. She likes to play candy land, lucky ducks, and the puppy game. She really likes reading Oswald books and watching Little Bear on TV. She asked for a swing set for Christmas.
Pics:
I am pretty sure this violates some strict child labor laws.
ReplyDeleteHow dare you!