Friday, August 6, 2010

Week one of yard work done, Thoughts.. and of course.. pics

So let's see... I had an interesting day with Taylor today.  When I got up this morning, I came out to the living room with her and said "Good morning Taylor!"  She responded with a "No! Go away!" and used her purple marker to write on my hand.  I took her marker away and put her in her room for a few minutes while I ate my cereal.  I got to thinking, and while I was at work, I realized that she's acting out because she likes the attention.  I know, child psych 101, but I hadn't thought of it before.  She doesn't really understand that by acting poorly she makes people not want to be around her... she just knows that if she does chaotic things, people respond and pay attention to her.  Soo... armed with this new information, when I went home for lunch, I asked Tay to sit down next to me while we ate.  Then I asked her if she would go swimming with me after work.  We went to the gym and swam in the pool.  Then we got AJ ready for bed together, and I did her bedtime stuff too.  It was great, and one of the best parts is that she went to sleep easily and without any fighting.  It really was a great bedtime.

In other news, AJ was really cute yesterday, we hung out around the house and just played around.  Today at the pool he was standing on the side making dinosaur voices and jumping into the pool.  He's really a lot of fun, and I find him a lot easier to understand than his sister.  He reads the Caterpillar book with me, says all the noun words... My favorites are CA-Coooon and POP! when the caterpillar comes out of his egg.  Cherrie pah and pickle are cute too.

We are working on the front yard now..my list of things to do is huge, but we're making progress.  We recently painted the side of the garage coat 1 and also tilled the entire yard.  The list is long but it'll get done.  Lot of work tilling the yard, but neat to see the fruits of our labors.

No comments:

Post a Comment