This past weekend, Tay and I went to Disneyland for a bachelorette party. I had never before seen her so excited and anxious to go anywhere, but as soon as we woke up early Saturday morning in our hotel room, she was raring to go! Our friend and bachelorette, Heather, bought Tay a beautiful Cinderella costume with all of the accessories to go with it. Tay quickly got into her costume and headed to the Bibbity Boppity Boutique for hair and makeup...yet another gift from Heather. All day long, Taylor walked around looking like a princess and being treated like royalty by the Disney staff. She was totally in her element. Her favorite ride was the Haunted Mansion. We rode it 8 times. I can't wait to return to Disney in a couple of years and bring AJ and Daddy with us!
In other news, AJ is in the process of being potty trained. He is doing so well with hardly any accidents. The only thing I really have to work with him on is doing his poops in the potty chair. Unless I watch him closely, he will slip one into his underwear. Sneaky guy! I'm hoping that soon potty training will only be a fuzzy memory and I'm grateful this is our last child to have to potty train. Yay!
Overall Taylor and AJ are happy and doing really well. Taylor has been accepted into the Spanish magnet program for Kindergarten in the Fall and AJ contiunes to flourish with learning to recognize all of his letters and many numbers. We are so lucky the kids learn really easily. It makes being a parent and teaching so much fun. They are both really helpful around the house with cleaning and picking up. Pretty soon I'll have them scrubbing the bathrooms and mopping the kitchen floors. I hope to make them strong in the areas where Chris and I are weak. Ha!
I will go through my camera later tonight and post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment