So what's new with us?
Taylor got a report card today from school, and she's doing Good/3 in every category, scoring highly in math and reading. The only 'S' she got was for staying on task. Takes after her dad, easily bored and needs a challenge to stay interested.
Taylor has been taking swim lessons, and recently signed up for swim clinic/swim team. She's been very excited to join the swim team and this is the first year she's been old enough. Her coach says she's very ready and she can do backstroke a little and freestyle she's swimming like a fish.
Tia recently gave us an upright piano, and Taylor has taken a real interest in it. She's good at playing and she's even written her own little song. This skill I can say definitely did not come from me, she gets music talent from her mom.
As for AJ...
AJ loves to dance. We'll put on the radio or the keyboard and he likes to get jiggy. I'll try to get Nicky to record a dance video and add it to the next update.
For Christmas he got a Nintendo 3DS, and we downloaded Super Mario Brothers (the NES, 1984 game). He loves it! He jumps the bad guys and we play it together. He's my little gamer buddy, and he's already better than me at the swimming levels.
The other day, AJ got in trouble at school for bad words. I was really worried, and on the way home, I asked him, "What did you say at school today?".... the offending word? "Booty". I wasn't sure how to respond, so we had the "Some words are ok at home but not at school" conversation. You know what his first response was? "Can I talk about Pirate's Booty?"... Great, a 4 year old rules lawyer.
A while back, we were driving through Mill Valley, and out of nowhere, AJ says "mmm Barbeque Chicken!". He's such a huggable friendly kid, and it's the simple pleasures that make him happy.
Here's some pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment