Wednesday, May 29, 2013

School year ends and Mother's Day

I can't believe Taylor is done with the 1st grade.  I still have her little fox hat from her first day of kindergarten.  Where does the time go?

She is on the swim team, and after time trials she's 8th out of 25 kids in her bracket.  She was ready to give up, so I took her over to see the ribbons you get for racing, and that changed her whole outlook.  She was eager to race, and took 2nd in her backstroke heat.

We went to visit my mom, and it was funny seeing Taylor experience the living conditions of people who don't have much money.  She actually opted to play outside instead of stay inside the trailer my mom lives in. My mom loved seeing them, and once we got outside, the kids were super happy to spend time with her.

AJ is finishing up another year of preschool, and he's growing so fast.  He can do the monkey bars at the playground, and he recently went with his grandpa to the train museum.  He enjoyed all the fun things there are to do there, and I think Pops liked it too.  He loves playing zombieville with me, and he's such a fun kid.

Recently he had a swim lesson and he's finally getting comfortable dipping his face into the water.  He's proud of himself when coach Brian asks how he's doing.

Pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment