Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A new house, Hadoukens, and Swim team

It's been a while since I've posted, and a lot has happened.

Taylor is part of swim team, and I hate it.  She likes the ribbons, but the practices are 5x per week, and every Saturday is from 630am until 11. And I don't get to watch, I have to volunteer to work the various support jobs, in addition to paying for the team fees.  Forget it, I'll take soccer any day!

We finally got off our butts and started selling our house and buying a new one. Our old house will make us enough profit to make a down payment on what will hopefully be our last new address until the kids go off to college.  The new house has 5 bedrooms and a pool, so lots of fun to be had there. The neighborhood is excellent, and the location is perfect.  I'm very excited, but its going to be expensive...  House poor is the phrase I think.

I finished my first triathlon and I did a sprint (.5mi swim, 16mi ride, 3mi run) distance.  Finished in 2h7m. It was fun and I'm proud of myself for getting 5th in my age bracket.

Yesterday, AJ was on the bed and started playing street fighter.  Remember he's 4 - and I started to teach him how to do some super moves. I was so proud when he threw his first Hadouken!  Today he learned the hurricane kick, and maybe tomorrow is shoryuken!

No comments:

Post a Comment