Thursday, October 8, 2009

Staycation and the Zoo!

So over the past few days, we've been enjoying the vacation life.  Santa Cruz is fun, but it's more relaxing somehow, staying home, hanging out with the kids, running, lifting, playing racketball and just enjoying my time off.  Couple of funny pictures...


It's funny to watch how kids grow up to do the things their parents do, and here's Tay, playing a Blue's Clue's game on NickJr.

Something about the way the screen says "Experience It" and the look on AJ's face just caught me here.  He's getting to be a really cute baby, and his personality is very warm and inviting... Experience It!

Then today, Meme and Pops came down, and we went to the zoo!  Honestly it was a pretty terrible experience.  Taylor was going nuts, and I can't say I blame her.  Most of the animals are asleep, and they're usually way back in the cage where you can barely see them.  Some of the cages are empty, and most of the learning exhibits are broken.






So we left the zoo and headed back to the car.  We were literally on our way down the road when we drove past a place called Funderland.  We had a couple hours left so we decided to give it a shot... and it was excellent.  A complete 180 from the zoo.  Unfortunately the camera died, so I only have cell phone pics of this..



Taylor had a blast, AJ had fun, and we were glad to find something that was enjoyable NEAR the zoo!


I'll leave you with this last picture, I wish I could come up with a great caption for it, cause it's begging for one.  Feel free to comment with any caption ideas!

2 comments: