Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Killer Workouts!

Nicky and I have started a new weight training routine.  It's called the "Stronglifts 5x5" and you can find information about it here.  We're on the 2nd day of the new routine and it's kicking our butts!  We're lifting more than we ever have before and we're moving quickly from lift to lift.  It's a lot of fun, and the really cool news is, I've never been able to do a chin-up, and now I can do 6 of them.  I know that's not much to a seasoned lifter, but for me it was a huge mental barrier.

The great thing about it is it tells you exactly how and when to up your weight, which was always a stumbling block for me with previous routines.  I love simple workouts that aren't complicated and keep things changing so it stays interesting.  Nicky is soooo close to doing a chin-up I know she's going to be stoked when she does it.

It's very weird eating more now, because we're hungry more often.  I don't want to jump back up in weight, but I know SOME weight gain is required if I want to progress.  I just am super paranoid about not gaining a bunch of fat and undoing all the progress I made.  I just have to keep reminding myself that I know how to do it now, and if I find my body fat % going up, I can make adjustments.  I'll keep this updated as to my progress as a way to keep myself honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment