Saturday, September 5, 2009

Casual or Hardcore?

So when I play WoW, I play with a regular group of people called a Guild.  I've managed to find a great guild, with lots of people kinda like me, have young kids, or other obligations during the day.  We only raid 2 nights a week, and it's after the kids are in bed.

Lately, we've been having some issues defining ourselves.  There used to be a time when I could devote hours every day to a game, and I was easily 'hardcore'.  Most of the guild feels this way.  Lately though, it's harder and harder to play for long stretches.. and I guess it's just sortof weird to accept 'casual' status.  As though it's admitting defeat or something.

In a way, getting older is like that.  It's weird to admit I'm actually 30, as though that were admitting defeat.  At the same time, the things I liked when I was younger aren't as interesting to me now.  I don't like staying up past midnight watching TV all night anymore, I'd prefer getting up rested at 6 or 7 am and enjoying the cool morning air.

I guess I'm getting Casual in life too... and I think it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment