Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Race Day is almost here!

I'm getting excited for our 5k this weekend.  I was checking out the Altitude chart.. from the .7 mile mark to the 1.2 mile mark, theres a rise of 125 feet.  This works out to (I think) almost a 5% grade.  That may not sound like much, but we've been training on a mostly flat course.. so this is definitely going to be a good challenge.

One of the cool things about training for this 5k has been seeing the progress Nicky and I have made with our running strength.  When we started out, running 2 minutes at a time, with 8 minutes rest was a decent workout.  We're up to 8 minute runs with a 1 minute rest.  Within 6 weeks we will be running a solid 30 minutes.  I'm anxious to complete my first 30 minute run, and we're planning to run in the Wharf to Wharf next year.

Also, I was looking into some local hikes to follow up our previous 2 adventures and I think we're going to go for the Old Salmon Falls Loop.  I'll let you know how that goes, but it looks like it will be a neat hike to take Taylor and AJ on.

No comments:

Post a Comment